Thought of the Week

19th Dec 2011

"A laugh, to be joyous, must flow from a joyous heart,
for without kindness, there can be no true joy."
- Thomas Carlyle


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Clementi District Games Day


17th July 2010
Clementi Town Secondary School

Clementi Games Day_Logo

It's been a while since I last attended any district events. If I do not attend this one, I'm sure my District Commissioner (DC) would have something to say. Especially when I have missed the past two district meetings because of other engagements. Haha! Furthermore it's held back at my alma mater.

Reaching there was a difficult task cause it was raining and my bed was so comfortable... but eventually I got my lazy butt out of bed and cabbed down. Thankfully Iris bought extra breakfast so I didn't need to drag my lazy butt out of school to buy it. I definitely got more energetic after the food. A fine pack of hot coffee would make my day but anymore complains, probably Iris will nag at me.


Clementi Games Day_1

Soon, the troops start pouring in like the rain is doing on that day. Precisely the reason why we had it in my school cause of the brand new super huge indoor sports hall. Quite neat for a neighbourhood school. After registration of the troops, they all proceed to the hall for a standard flag break ceremony and opening for the District Games Day.

Clementi Games Day_2

Following a mass warm up session, it's time to let the games begin! The indoor sports hall was divided into two sections - one for basketball and one for soccer. The Cub Scouts took the hall for their telematch games.

Clementi Games Day_3

I must say that despite many hiccups and unhappiness, eventually things did worked out just alright. Every event is always a new learning experience for many of the new leaders and Ventures/Rovers. Unfortunately I had to leave early cause of another meeting at HQ. Luckily I had the honour of the DC driving me there. Haha!

I certainly hoped that everyone enjoyed themselves. Griffin boys - don't give up! Be humble and learn from everything! Cheers!

For those whom I owe the scarf and woggle (from Mawai camp), if you haven't receive it, haunt Joshua Teo. He has all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment